I attach a number of videos and other links below. I posted most of these on my public Facebook page on the day that they first aired, and you can see these and other items that are not in these dispatches if you “like” this page. You can also see other videos relating to the present “stabbing intifada” here.
Stabbing attacks against Israeli civilians, encouraged by the western-funded “moderate” Palestinian Authority, continued this morning, this time in the central Israeli town of Bet Shemesh. Two Palestinian terrorists tried to board a school bus full of young children, and were prevented from doing so by a brave 18-year-old security guard who was stabbed as he struggled with the terrorists before they were shot by police. Disgracefully, the BBC World Service radio anchor wrongly implied this morning that Jews had stabbed Arabs today.
-- Tom Gross
1. Israel’s Prime Minister to the BBC: “Are we living on the same planet?”
2. Arab Israelis: We all pay the price for the murderous incitement of Arab politicians
3. Israeli tourists rescue drowning Syrian refugees (& Syrian opposition to address Israeli conference)
4. “I want to stab a Jew,” young girl tells her father (a teacher), while holding a carving knife
5. A nation without a foreign minister…
6. Other links
[Notes below by Tom Gross]
ISRAEL’S PRIME MINISTER TO THE BBC: “ARE WE LIVING ON THE SAME PLANET?”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu loses his cool after receiving yet another question that bore no relation to reality from a BBC correspondent, this time one from the BBC’s lead foreign correspondents Lyse Doucet.
Update: The video above doesn’t load on some devices. Here is another version:
ARAB ISRAELIS: WE ALL PAY THE PRICE FOR THE MURDEROUS INCITEMENT OF ARAB POLITICIANS
Fiery words from Lucy Aharish. Lucy is an Israeli-Arab Muslim TV journalist. Unsurprisingly, the (often self-hating) Israeli Jewish paper Haaretz then ran an op-ed criticizing Aharish for these remarks.
ISRAELI TOURISTS RESCUE DROWNING SYRIAN REFUGEES
This video is from October 18, 2015: on the very day more Israelis were being murdered by Arabs, a group of Israeli tourists off the coast of Greece, rescued 11 Syrian refugees (including children) whose boat had capsized, and brought them to safety. Four of the refugees had already drowned in the water.
Tom Gross adds: The Israeli government, Israeli NGOs and ordinary citizens have been saving the lives of Syrian civilians through the Syrian war, as has been documented on this dispatch list over the past four years. Several senior members of the pro-democracy Syrian opposition subscribe to this email list and some will speak next week to a conference in Israel, details of which are confidential for the time being. (Update, 22.10.15, 5 pm: The conference has been postponed for a few weeks because of the security situation in Israel.)
“I WANT TO STAB A JEW,” YOUNG GIRL TELLS HER FATHER (A TEACHER), WHILE HOLDING A CARVING KNIFE
“Allah willing, my dear, you will,” her father, a Jordanian-Palestinian teacher tells his daughter in this clip he posted on Facebook.
There are hundreds of other clips like this being spread around by anti-Semites on Facebook, twitter and other social media.
A NATION WITHOUT A FOREIGN MINISTER…
At the present time, because of Israel’s less than satisfactory electoral system that makes coalition building involving a multitude of parties extremely difficult, Israel has no full-time foreign minister.
Israel’s deputy foreign minister, Tzipi Hotovely of the Likud party, is relatively low profile. Here is an interveiw with her for those that don’t know her.
(Israeli PM Netanyahu has repeatedly offered the job of foreign minister to opposition leader Isaac Herzog and invited the Labor Party to join his collation.)
(These links were already posted on my public Facebook page.)
This first video is horrific. It was widely circulated on Facebook and twitter before YouTube removed the video from the channel where it was first posted, but it was still available elsewhere on YouTube and on Facebook.
* For 32 years, Dutch Christian Marike Veldman has been running a foster home in East Jerusalem, taking care of Arab children who came from difficult backgrounds, but being stabbed multiple times in a terror attackon the number 78 bus in west Jerusalem last week has managed to shake her sense of security to its core.
* Palestinian paper publishes interview with veteran terrorist stabber about how to draw blood. The interviewee, Amar Abu Sarhan, stabbed three Israelis in October 1990 and was jailed until being released in the 2011 Gilad Shalit deal, which saw 1,027 terrorists go free.
* Germany police shoot Berlin Islamist after knife attack - BBC News. There are knife attacks in Europe too, but in this case (unlike when Jews are slashed and gutted in knife and machete attacks) the BBC reports it in a straightforward fashion and calls the perpetrator an Islamist (but never does so when Islamists murder Jews in Israel).
Other dispatches in this video series can be seen here: